These Terms and Conditions stipulate the relationship between you and WCG (“WCG” or the “Organizer”) with regard to your participation in the WCG 2020 CONNECTED game sports competition (the “Competition”). The term “WCG” includes its affiliated companies (subsidiaries, parent companies, joint ventures, and other jointly owned legal entities).
Your participation in the Competition signifies your complete agreement with these Terms and Conditions, and that your agreement to these Terms and Conditions (including amendments made by WCG as occasion demands) is binding.
1. The Organizer, its affiliated companies, employees of related agencies, or those directly related to the Competition are excluded from being participating players, and those who meet the qualifications and conditions for each event (the “Participants”) may participate in the Competition.
※ The details of the entire Competition, including the Competition qualifications and conditions, Competition registration period and schedule, etc., shall be announced on the Competition information page, the participation sign-up page, etc., and you are responsible for verifying and complying with the Competition participation sign-up conditions, the main schedule, and other such matters announced by the Organizer.
2. The registration period for the Competition (the “Registration Period”) may differ based on the game selected as the Competition event, and shall be announced on the applicable web page such as Competition information page, the participation sign-up page, etc.
3. Participants who wish to participate in the Competition must complete the following procedures during the Registration Period:
A. The participation fee to this Competition is free of charge, and the participation registration shall occur on a first-come, first-served basis or by invitation up to a limited number of people; provided, however, that the number of Participants may be limited based on the game applied for.
B. Participants must visit the link below to confirm the registration process, and invited players may receive information regarding registration through the communication channel announced in advance.
http://www.wcg.com (the “Website”)
C. Participants must submit information requested by the Organizer for the operation of the Competition and the confirmation of the participating players, including their nationality under their passport, name, date of birth, email, mobile phone number, participating game ID (or the relevant game account information), messenger ID (Discord ID, QQ ID, etc.), etc.
D. Participants will be sent a link to register for participation in the Competition through a communication channel announced in advance. Then, the Participants shall complete the participation application process through the provided link.
E. Participants who register for the Competition shall be deemed to have agreed to these Terms and Conditions.
5. Participants can only register to participate in one of the game events in the Competition, and may only be awarded 1 time; provided, however, that multiple participation and multiple awards may be allowed for some games that will be specified separately on the Competition information page, etc.
6. Participants must comply with the WCG 2020 CONNECTED Game Sports General Rules and the rules of each game they participate in.
7. Participants must have sufficient system equipment and internet conditions to participate in the Competition, and must be able to respond if the Organizer or a third party (designated by the Organizer) requests participation in the Competition and the relevant participation instructions.
8. The Organizer has the right to film/record all performances, videos, photos, and/or audio, etc. of the Competition, and the filmed/recorded output shall be referred to as the “Recordings”. Ownership, intellectual property rights and all other rights to the Recordings belong to the Organizer. Participants acknowledge and agree to the above, and agree not to claim performance rights, copyrights, portrait rights, or any other rights regarding the use of the Recordings by the Organizer or a third party authorized to use such Recordings by the Organizer.
9. Participants acknowledge that they are aware of the other contents derived from the WCG 2020 CONNECTED game sports competition (interviews, user events, etc.), and agree to actively cooperate in the operation of these contents.
10. The Competition will be conducted in the following manner (qualifier, grand final, invitation games, etc.), and the details shall be announced on the Website announcements, Competition information page, etc.; provided, however, that the procedures and methods may differ by game, so you must confirm and comply with the matters announced by the Organizer.
Details: Participating players will compete to qualify for the Grand Final as individuals or teams. The Qualifier may consist of 1 or 2 stages per game event, and individuals or teams will advance to the Grand Final based on the rules of each game event.
B. Grand Final
Location: China (Shanghai), Republic of Korea (Seoul)
Details: The WCG 2020 CONNECTED Grand Final is a tournament to determine the winners of the Grand Final entrants for each game event selected through the online Qualifier and invitations. WCG will pay the travel and accommodations fees for the Participants participating in the Grand Final, and Competition prizes will be given according to your ranking.
11. Participants have the right to dispute the procedures or results of the Competition/matches they have participated in, and must file such dispute through the messenger app (Discord, QQ, etc.) provided by the Organizer within 5 minutes from the end of the match in question. The Organizer may take action within 24 hours, and the Organizer does not have any responsibility to announce the results of such actions. The detailed procedures and rules for filing disputes are stipulated in the WCG 2020 CONNECTED General Rules and Game Rules.
12. The total prize money for the Competition is announced here. The prize policy is as follows, and Participants agree to be bound by the prize policy by agreeing to these Terms and Conditions:
A. Winners must submit their bank account information and the required documents to the Organizer within 30 days of winning the Competition in order to receive their prize.
B. Prizes may be subject to taxes based on the local tax policy. Winners are responsible for paying the taxes levied on the prizes.
12. In order to claim their prize, the prize winners will have to submit their Bank account information and required documents to the Organizer within thirty (30) days from the date of winning the Competition.
13. If there is reason to believe that these Terms and Conditions have been violated, or that a Participant has provided inaccurate, false, or otherwise invalid or inappropriate information, the Organizer may, at its own discretion, refuse to proceed with the registration process or to pay the awarded prize, and such Participant shall be prohibited from participating in any events hosted by the Organizer.